Monday, February 25, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday

Have you tried liquid lipsticks?  I never heard of this lip product until I purchased it during this month's haul. [link] I've been wearing Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Aria all month.  I love the product and color so much that I picked up another one in Fiore.



The concept behind the liquid lipstick is interesting and may or may not be for everyone.  This subtle cotton candy scented lip product is denser than a lipstick and not as glossy as a lipgloss.  In my opinion, it's a better version of a lip stain which tends to be watery (at least the ones I own).  These liquid lipsticks are weightless, highly pigmented and leaves a matte finish (at least these 2 colors do).  They don't leave my lips dry and are not sticky at all.  The soft sponge tip applicator is softer than any lipgloss I own.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Aria


Aria is a magenta plum color.  I highly suggest lining your lips with a lip pencil.  The pencil helps create a border and you have a lesser chance in messing up.  The lip pencil I use is NYX Deep Purple.  When applying the liquid lipstick, you only need one application.  It blends smoothly over your lips.  Give it a few seconds for it to stain onto your lips and you're set for the day.  No need to touch up at all!

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiore


Fiore is a hot pink color.  I remember while swatching a few colors at Sephora, I knew I wanted my second liquid lipstick to be a bright color for summer.  This color is perfect where it's not too "Barbie" pink.  Yet it reminds me of Reese Witherspoon's "Legally Blonde" outfit in the courtroom towards the end of the movie.  Again, line your lips with a lip pencil before you paint your lips for the day.

Have you tried liquid lipsticks before?  I don't own a lot of Stila makeup items, but so far I love these.  One downside about this is you see all the fine lines and dry skin on your lips.  Don't forget to exfoliate your lips and/or wear a lip primer so your lips don't look wrinkly.  Other than that, I'm absolutely in love with these and highly suggest you try these out!  These retail at $22 at your local beauty store.

I'm considering whether to test these against YSL glossy stains and L'Oreal wet shine stain.  All 3 lip brands have the same brush applicator (at least that's what it looks like).  I've heard great things about the YSL glossy stains and mixed reviews about the L'Oreal lip stains.  I think this will be a great future blog post if I compare all 3 brands.

Let me know what you think!  Enjoy your day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your love and support!