Monday, February 4, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday

I have a shoebox full of nail polishes from OPI, butter London and other brands that mostly have a black handle (weird obsession, I know) and do not contain the "toxic trio".  The "toxic trio" is the nickname for dibutyl phthalate (DBP), toluene and formaldehyde in which these ingredients have been known to cause side effects. [link]  So, when purchasing any nail polish, I always read the finely printed ingredients to make sure they're considered "toxic free".

I'm introducing a new nail polish brand that fits perfectly in my "toxic free" black handle world.  I purchased these Julep beauties a while ago and have only used 2 out of the 6 polishes pictured below.  I'm wearing one of the colors today and I must say it's a good "waiting period" color between seasons.

From L to R: Viola, Felicity, Hoch, Donna, Stefani, Keira (Hello Ladies!)

Donna is beautifully painted on my nails and is a true peacock blue.  Two coats is more than enough as the color is very rich and leaves no streaks from the brush.  The polish dries quickly and with a good top coat, you won't see any chipping for a few days.  You can say that Donna is my girl of the week.

Julep Donna paired with Spoiled Good Karma

Have you tried any Julep nail polishes?  Let me know and happy painting!

DAILY GRINDS

♥ Pictures from the Beer Expo over the weekend







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your love and support!