Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mascara Galore!

Mascara is always evolving with its revolutionary formula and bristles.  It seems like a new mascara is being debuted every week from all brands of low-end to high-end cosmetics.  The branding of these beauty tubes always seems to amaze me.  Some claim to enhance your natural lashes to look like false ones and others claim to help your lashes grow 5 times its natural length.  Whatever your needs are for your prime mascara, it's definitely a popular item that consumers stock up on all the time.



My collection of mascara isn't big, but it ranges in needs and brands.  I know that every time I purchase a value kit, I look forward to using the small, tiny mascara sample knowing I'll probably never wear it again.  And with that in mind, I also realized that mascara doesn't last forever.  No makeup item can last forever unless you freeze it or just never open the container.  Anyway...

Most of my mascaras are used to either define, lengthen or volumize my natural lashes.  I have short lashes that go straight.  I want my mascara to DL&V (define, lengthen & volumize) so that my lashes look amazing and my eyes look even bigger.  I don't think there's a mascara that does all 3; there are some that do 2 out of the 3.  Overall, I just want my lashes to look great.  If my mascara can't deliver, then I rely on my false lashes which are sometimes tedious to apply until you get the hang of it.

The one thing that I've noticed (with myself especially) is that I've yet to run out of a tube of mascara.  I've purchased new ones, used them for a while and forget about them if I find an even better one.  It's a vicious cycle, but at least I can admit to falling into the trap.  You have to keep in mind that most cosmetics have small expiration dates somewhere near the ingredients label.  Pick up any makeup item (preferably mascara) and look for the little container that has a number and letter.   If you can't find the expiration number, just take a deep whiff of the mascara.  If it has a strong, funky odor, toss it into the garbage!  For most mascaras, they last up to 4 months (give or take whether you use it on a daily basis).  If you want it to last longer, don't pump the wand in and out of the tube because that's how dry air gets in.  Don't forget that your mascara can't do all the work.  Invest on a good eyelash curler.  With the different types out there, the best way to find the "one" is to buy and try.


If mascara isn't doing the trick, go forth and try out false lashes.  These are a subcategory of more eye candy that seems to grow.  False lashes have become the latest trend in the past few years and are getting more creative.  At first, I was intimidated by trying these bad boys.  But, I had to push aside my fear and just go with it.  You just have to remember that practice makes perfect.


My favorite mascaras (so far and in no particular order) are Rimmel Lash Accelerator, Maybelline Volum' Express One by One, Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush, Benefit they're Real! and Armani Eyes to Kill.

What's your favorite?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your love and support!