Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Good night Tuesday!

As the evening comes to an end, I wanted to share a skincare product that I purchased 2 weeks ago at  Sephora.  A friend of mine purchased one of the products from this skincare line and was satisfied with the results.  Her satisfaction struck my curiosity to give this a chance.

Before purchasing this product, my skincare routine consisted of using my Clarisonic, Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Treatment kit and Nivea SOFT Moisturizing Creme.  I switched out my moisturizing creme to C.O. Bigelow All-in-1 Protective Day Lotion SPF 15 because I started to run out of my Nivea creme.

This product is Boscia's Best Set which includes an oil-free daily hydration SPF 15, purifying cleansing gel, recharging night moisture, enlivening amino-AG eye treatment and green tea blotting linens.  When I purchased this at Sephora, I talked to a saleswoman and asked what's the difference between the 2 kits that's sold by Boscia.  I told her that I have oily skin, so she recommended this kit over the Boscia Clear Complexion kit.  Since the night creme was meant to hydrate your skin overnight, I did not want to wake up the next day in a pool of oil.  So, the saleswoman gave me a sample of Boscia's oil-free recharging night moisture to try out.


My daily routine with this product is as follows: every AM and PM, I wash my face with a quarter size of the cleansing gel and apply a pea-size amount of the eye treatment.  In the AM, I use the oil-free daily hydration and in the PM, I apply the night moisture before bed.

I have combination oily skin with redness in my T-zone, acne scars and occasional breakouts on my chin, apples of my cheeks and/or the side of my face.  Since this kit did not come with any ointment to prevent acne, I used my Clean & Clear products when necessary.  My expectations from this kit was to have healthier and smoother skin and to even out my complexion and redness.

Overall, my experience did not meet my expectations.  At the beginning, I used all the products (except the blotting sheets) as directed on the box for 3 days.  My face felt smoother (yay!) but was so oily that I could scramble an egg (boo!).  I knew this would happen but wanted to give the night moisture a chance before switching to the oil-free one.  The eye treatment did nothing for my eyes.  There were some days where I'd wake up with baggy eyes and other days where lines underneath my eyes were visible (even without my glasses).  I have no complaints with the oil-free daily hydration.  After using the kit for a full week, I decided to start using the oil-free night moisture.  This product did the EXACT opposite!  In the morning, I had dry patches in between my eyes and around my nose and mouth.  I don't know if this is due to a ton of sun exposure over the weekend because my face is a little red.  But, I am not happy with the oil-free night moisture.  I switched back to my original routine and am hoping that things will turn out better.

Even though I've been using this product for 2 weeks, I would not recommend this kit to anyone with combination oily skin.  On a 1 to 5 star scale, I'd rate this 3 stars.  Despite the fact that the original night moisture leaves my skin super oily in the morning, I don't mind the excess because my husband is still in bed by the time I'm up.  Like I said earlier, I have no complaints with the daily hydration creme and I bet the blotting linens will do exactly what it's suppose to do.

Let me know if you have used this product and what's your experience with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your love and support!